Aesthetic clinics are on the rise in Singapore. More men and women are willing to invest money and time in making themselves look and feel better, which is a good thing. Psychology will tell us that the more we are happy and satisfied with our looks, the more confident we carry and present ourselves. This also brings about a good impact on how others perceive us – as it is another psychological claim, people are more drawn to beautiful things as well as to beautiful people.
With all this psychological claims, it is understandable why many men and women are patronizing aesthetic clinics. Going to aesthetic clinics in Singapore allow them to change their unwanted looks, enhance their best features, or even remove undesirable moles, scars, and the likes. It gives them hope that they can become a better version of themselves – it does not only improve their physical appearance but also weighs in their emotional and psychological well-being.
1Aesthetic Medical and Surgery is a premium boutique medical aesthetic clinic located in the heart of Singapore. This is a one-stop aesthetic clinic as it provides almost all beauty-enhancing procedures you may need. It offers procedures that target your overall skin, or just for the face, and for the body. It also has the best quality service rendered by professional staff and duly accredited medical practitioners. It offers both surgical and non-surgical procedures that will best suit your needs.
Here is some information on how to prepare if you will have to undergo a surgical or non-surgical procedure from an aesthetic clinic in Singapore – this includes what you should eat before the procedure, what to expect during procedures, and others:
How to prepare before the Procedure
Any medical procedures, whether it will be done surgically or non-surgically should be well prepared for. It is import that your body is ready for the procedure you will undergo. A body that is prepared and ready is the body that has the needed energy and nutrients to allow it to adapt to any changes it will face. If you will be undergoing any plastic surgery or aesthetic related surgical procedure, the best way to prepare your body is to watch your food.
Food to eat before a surgical procedure
- Eat plenty of food rich in protein. It is an essential nutrient in creating and stimulating the production of new blood cells and collagen in our body. Collagen is important as it is the building block for our skin, muscles, and tendons that are usually target area for treatment in aesthetic clinics. It also helps develop a strong immune system.
- Indulge in fruit and vegetables especially those rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, selenium and manganese. These are called free radicals. They are needed as natural responses of our bodies to stress or trauma that surgery may bring. They can also aid in speeding up the healing process.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Food to Avoid
- Eliminate salty food in your diet. This may increase inflammation and depress your immune system.
- Cut back on sugar and carbohydrate loaded food. Same as salty food, they may increase inflammation and weaken the immune system.
- Stop taking in herbal supplements and the likes as they can interfere with blood clotting.
- Do not take alcohol, caffeine, and other drinks with artificial sweeteners.
If your body is well prepared, you will lessen the risk of infection as a result of the procedure and at the same time, with the right nutrition, your body can heal and adapt quickly.
What to expect during the procedure
Here are some things you should keep in mind and expect during the procedure:
- Surgical procedures will most likely require the use of anaesthesia before proceeding. Other non-surgical procedures also administer anaesthesia. This will make you feel numbed so that you will not feel (or minimal) the pain when the procedure is being done.
- You will feel a bit uncomfortable or sometimes, there will be minimal pain during the procedure. The discomfort and will be dependent on the time of procedure being done on you. It is normal, so don’t panic.
- Some procedures may take only 10 minutes to finish while some procedures will take hours. Be patient and leave everything to the experts. They know what they are doing.
How to take care of yourself post-procedure
After the procedure, you should be able to know how you can take care of yourself so that healing time will be shorter will take effect better. Best to follow these advises below:
- If you have gone a surgical treatment, it is advisable to eat soft food that is easy to digest.
- Keep up with your protein intake to enable your body to heal and recover.
- Continue on avoiding carbohydrates, sugar, and salty food as they increase inflammation.
- Take a good rest by taking leave from work. This is very important especially for those procedures that have longer downtime.
- Do as what your doctor advises. Take any medication and apply the necessary creams required by your doctor. This will help in faster recovery, minimize pain (if there is any) or any side effect you may experience.
Aesthetic medicine is just like any other medical-related fields. Patients who undergo treatments in an aesthetic clinic in Singapore should be able to prepare for the procedures, set realistic expectations during the procedure, and of course. Should be able to take care of themselves after the procedure.
1Aetshetic assures their clients are well informed of these before any procedure commences.
1Aesthetics Medical & Surgery
#14-90 The Central,
8 Eu Tong Sen St, Tower 1,
+65 6612 5173