Breast augmentation in Singapore aims to increase the size, shape, or fullness of the breast. It can be done due to cosmetic reasons or reconstructive purposes. Breast augmentation involves surgery so it is important to know more about the procedure before signing up for it.
Keep on reading the article, The LookBook will give you more information about breast augmentation in Singapore.
Reasons for having breast augmentation
Breast augmentation is also known as augmentation mammoplasty. It is a surgical procedure where a plastic surgeon places material like silicon, alternative composite breast implant or saline-filled implants to improve the breast shape and size. Normally, breast augmentation is for cosmetic purposes but there are other reasons to undergo the procedure.
According to TheLookBook, these are the most common reasons why breast augmentation in Singapore is done:
- Enlarge naturally small breast
- It restores breast size after pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Restore the breast after surgery
- Restore asymmetrical breast to its symmetry
Breast augmentation surgery available in Singapore
In this section, we discuss the two main types of breast augmentation in Singapore. The choice is yours if what type will you choose for your breast augmentation surgery.
- Fat Grafting
It is also known as fat transfer. This type of breast augmentation procedure can be considered more natural because it involves only the transferring of the patient’s own fat to the breasts. However, for you to be a good candidate for fat grafting, you must have enough fat for transfer. It takes 150-250cc of fats to be grafted to increase your breast one cup size. This procedure gives you a more natural-looking breast and much safer compared to breast implants.
- Breast Implants
Silicone and saline are commonly used for breast implants. Silicone implants are made of a silicone shell filled with silicone gel while saline implants are filled with a saline solution like saltwater. There will be an incision made to insert the implants. After being positioned accurately, the incision will be closed and let it heal naturally. The LookBook made a research and found out that silicone breast implants are more popular in Singapore. You can skip one cup size more compared to fat grafting and it gives precise shape and size increase.
Are breast augmentation procedures painful?
During the surgery, there will be no pain because it is done under anaesthesia. However, if the effect of anaesthesia wears off, you will feel a mild pain over the incision. But don’t worry because the pain is tolerable, most patients were able to walk home after surgery. If your tolerance to pain is very low, then you can ask for a pain reliever prescription from your doctor.
Complications and risks
Every surgical procedure has risks and possible complications. Painful breast, infection, leaking of the implant, accumulation of fluid, bleeding, or hardening are some complications of breast augmentation. If you experienced one of these after your surgery, consult your doctor right away.
Food to eat after a breast augmentation procedure
- Fish, prawns and other seafood are rich in Omega-3, which are great for the heart and its anti-inflammatory properties. This is especially great after breast augmentation as it can help in regulating blood pressure and speeds up the healing process of the wound.
- Fibre-rich food such as oatmeal and vegetables. Fibre can increase your stamina and will just generally make you feel better after the surgery. It also helps in digestion and is good for flushing out toxins in the body.
- Citrus and other foods with Vitamin C. There is a risk of getting an infection after a breast augmentation procedure, and Vitamin C is a great remedy to lessen this risk as it boosts the immune system. Vitamin C also helps in skin healing by aiding in collagen production and tissue repair.
- Food rich in Vitamin A, such as almonds and sweet potatoes. Vitamin A is great for strengthening your immune system and will help your body fight off possible infection. This also helps in stimulating wound healing and will allow you to recover faster in general.
Choosing the best surgeon
- Choose a plastic surgeon for breast augmentation in Singapore who is an expert in breast augmentation surgery. Plastic surgeons have different specialities, choose the qualified surgeon. You definitely don’t want a surgeon specializes in burns surgery or congenital cleft palate do the breast augmentation surgery for you!
- Choose a plastic surgeon that has numerous breast augmentation surgery done.
- Look through their portfolio of before and after’s. A surgeon who has done numerous surgeries will have a large portfolio of their work. This is one way to make a good judgment on the surgeons’ work. If the surgeon is hesitant or does not have a portfolio to show you, better look for another one.
- Choose a surgeon who makes you comfortable and never rushes you to make decisions. If the surgeon pushes you for a same-day operation, it is a big NO! A good surgeon never rushes his/her patients.
The LookBook cannot stress enough that breast augmentation is a lifelong commitment and involves risks and complications. So, it is important that it must be done by a qualified breast augmentation surgeon. Also, make sure to follow the doctor’s aftercare tips and take prescribed medicine for speedy healing and to avoid complications.